Our fur kids grow up too soon, don't they? What seems like just yesterday, I was welcoming 3-year-old Mr. K into my life after finding him at a local shelter. Today, he is a mature, 10-year-old senior dog who still has a little bit of a mischievous side. Those double digits don't fool me for a minute! In many ways, Mr. K has the energy of a young pup and with two relatively new playmates around, he's been getting his fair share of exercise chasing Nibbles and Pudley.
Remember the first birthday pawty I threw Heather and Mr. K? Take a trip down memory lane & check this out!
|Dog City Bakery had a multitude of treats, toys and accessories from which to choose.(You'll be seeing some of my other purchases in future posts!)|
|I knew I was in the right place when I saw this stuffed animal on display!|
|Surprise! Another Fluff & Tuff toy (the only ones Mr. K hasn't been able to "kill"). I chose Lucy the Skunk, the perfect toy for this little stinker...don't you think?|
|Soon, it was time for cake. Mr. K could hardly sit still. Here he is pretending he could already taste the yummy stuff.|
|Happy 10th birthday, sweet boy! Here's to many more years of mischief.|
So, in honor of Mr. K's birthday, I thought I'd share 10 things about Mr. K that you probably don't already know. What are some of your favorite Mr. K memories? Also, if there is anything about Mr. K you'd like to know, please don't hesitate to ask in the comments section below!
- If given a choice between toys or treats, Mr. K would choose toys.
- There's a scene in the movie Sweet Home Alabama where a dog barks on his front porch. The first time Mr. K heard this, he went nuts trying to locate the intruder behind the TV.
- On average, I have about 30-45 seconds to snap a photo before Mr. K tries to take off whatever it is he is modeling that day. As you can imagine, he keeps me on my toes!
- If he wants my attention, Mr. K bites the air and shuffles his paws in place all the while looking at me. If I fail to address him, he does it once more before he lets out an "aarf!"
- Mr. K hardly ever barks but he makes one of the weirdest whines/whimpers I've ever heard. Neighbors and passersby have often asked, "What's wrong with your dog?" when they hear it.
- He ignored Heather the day we met her. It wasn't long, though, before they were attached to the hip. I remember Mr. K jumping for joy when she came home from the hospital in 2012.
- Mr. K is not afraid to let you know how he feels and he is the king of silent protests.
- He used to love going to the V-E-T. No joke. He thought V-E-T-S were good for massages. Today, he's a little more reluctant to go but given his health scares, I can understand why.
- Mr. K is actually a super sensitive dog. He comes off as giving you the "cold shoulder" when he first meets you but once you've earned a place in his heart, he truly aims to please.
- The vacuum used to be his arch enemy. These days, it is a mere annoyance.