Raising a Scottish Terrier can teach you more about yourself than you think possible. When I first became a Scottie Mom, I had no idea what the Scottie crew would have in store for me or how much they would teach me. Years later, I consider myself all the wiser because of the life lessons my Scottie dogs have instilled. Below are just a few of the life lessons a Scottish Terrier will teach you.
7. Take life seriously...but not too seriously. We all have a purpose in life and sometimes, life requires us to buckle down and get down to business to discover that purpose. Work hard to achieve your goals but don't forget to destroy some toys and eat treats along the way.
6. Stand tall and proud. Confidence goes a long way in shaping the way others perceive you. Confidence commands respect and causes others to stop and see what you're doing different. Just be sure not to confuse confidence with arrogance and stay humble at the core.
4. Love without limits. A Scottie's love knows no bounds. You can even feel it long after they've gone. Vow to cherish those closest to you and shower them with your love...you'll never know a lonely heart.
3. Loyalty pays. Let's face it: it pays to have good friends. Choose your pack carefully and once you've established it, look out for them and have their back through thick and thin, just like you'd expect them to look after you.
2. Stay sharp. You never know when the next opportunity to chase and realize your dream (of catching a squirrel) will come around. Therefore, you must stay alert and hone your skills.