The Scottie Mom community, really and truly, is unlike any other. While Scottie Moms (and Dads) might appear to be few and far between like the Scottie dogs themselves in today's society, the characteristics that make them are more similar than one would think. Below is a list of characteristics I think nearly every Scottie Mom can relate to that tends to make us stick out a bit. How many of these characteristics apply to the Scottie Mom in your life?
10. Check a Scottie Mom's iPhone, computer desktop, social media profiles and refrigerator door...they all have photos of Scottie dogs, don't they?
9. Scottie Moms find random ways to connect the conversation - no matter the topic - to Scotties.
8. When you invite her to go somewhere, particularly on a vacation, a Scottie Mom automatically exclaims how her Scottish Terriers would LOVE to go there and you immediately know you've invited some canine companions to the aforementioned outing.
7. If you do manage to get her out of the house without the dogs, a Scottie Mom begins talking about how guilty she feels or how she misses her Scottie(s) within the hour. Or, she starts recounting Scottie tales you've heard a million times already.
6. She sends Happy Holiday photo cards...from her Scottie dogs.
5. The frames on a Scottie Mom's desk at the office and the majority of those hanging around her house aren't of the human kids, but her Scottie kids.
4. A Scottie Mom stops frequently on shopping trips because she is cooing over something that: 1) is perfect for her Scottie dog; 2) would look cute/funny on her Scottie dog; 3) has a Scottie dog on it; or 4) looks like it might have a Scottie dog on it, but doesn't.
3. You find an abundance of Scottie stuff around her house, be it Scottie trinkets on the coffee table, Scottie embroidered towels or the iced tea she just offered you...in a Scottie patterned glass.
2. When she walks with her Scottie(s), a Scottie Mom possesses the same proud, regal manner and air of royalty about her as the dogs do (until she has to pick up the poo).
1. The dead giveaway: she is compassionate, fearless, fun-loving (even a little mischievous), loyal and selective when it comes to choosing her friends...just like her Scottie companion(s).